Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vegetables for breakfast. Yup.

Today I ate breakfast at about 4:30 p.m. It's possible I'll make another meal around midnight, but unlikely. I'm still pretty full. As I was too distracted to conjure up a meal before what was my childhood suppertime, one would be correct if one were to guess I was pretty ravenous and that I wanted my meal to be ready already. So I opened a can of black beans, added fresh minced garlic, cumin, oregano, a bay leaf and some cayenne, mashed them with some olive oil and heated that shizz up. In another pot I sauteed some red pepper, mushrooms and zucchini. I spread some homemade vegan cheese that I used to make grilled cheese sandwiches a coupla days before on some Genesis bread and VOILA-- brunch in ten minutes. That was pretty quick. Pretty unglamourous, but also pretty quick. Vegetables for breakfast? Friggin' right.

2 comments:

  1. a tasty treat which I am now having for dinner tonight. woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had some of the leftover bean staunch on a Dr. Kracker spelt cracker. It was rad. Hope yer dinner (you are in Ontario, therefor have dinner rather than supper) turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete